TRB approves provisional toll rates for Skyway Stage 3
The Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) has announced its approval of the provisional rates proposed by San Miguel Corporation (SMC) for the Skyway Stage 3.
According to the TRB, the management has approved the recommendation of provisional rates for the said elevated expressway.
Check out the Skyway Stage 3 provisional rates below.
Class 1 Vehicles
• Buendia to Sta. Mesa – PHP 105
• Sta. Mesa to Ramon Magsaysay Avenue – PHP 30
• Ramon Magsaysay Ave. to Balintawak – PHP 129
• Buendia to NLEX Balintawak – PHP 264
Class 2 Vehicles
• Buendia to Sta. Mesa – PHP 210
• Sta. Mesa to Ramon Magsaysay Avenue – PHP 60
• Ramon Magsaysay Ave. to Balintawak – PHP 258
• Buendia to NLEX Balintawak – PHP 528
Class 3 Vehicles
• Buendia to Sta. Mesa – PHP 315
• Sta. Mesa to Ramon Magsaysay Ave. – PHP 90
• Ramon Magsaysay Ave. to Balintawak – PHP 387
• Buendia to NLEX Balintawak – PHP 792
As per TRB, the provisional Toll Fee Matrix will be published once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks and a bond will be required to be posted by the Petitioner.
SMC, however, will not yet start collecting toll fees until TRB gives it a go signal to do so. TRB noted that the approval of provisional rates does not mean that Skyway 3 will immediately begin collecting toll fees from motorists as it would be a separate process.
The 18-km Skyway Stage 3 was officially opened in January. With the elevated expressway, travel time from NLEX to SLEX will now only take 30 minutes, which previously takes around three hours. However, traveling from Magallanes to Balintawak will only take about 15 minutes, while Balintawak to NAIA will take 15 minutes, and Valenzuela to Makati in just 10 minutes.