Arriving in the country in November, the RTX 4080 is the second 4000 series GPU that will be released in the Philippines following the RTX 4090 which will be released on October 12. The RTX 4080 will come in two variants, the 12GB version is priced at PHP 63,200 while the 16GB variant is priced at PHP 84,200.
The NVIDIA 4000 series lineup features a lot of improvements vs the previous generation including:
- Streaming multiprocessors with up to 83 teraflops of shader power — 2x over the previous generation.
- Third-generation RT Cores with up to 191 effective ray-tracing teraflops — 2.8x over the previous generation.
- Fourth-generation Tensor Cores with up to 1.32 Tensor petaflops — 5x over the previous generation using FP8 acceleration.
- Shader Execution Reordering (SER) improves execution efficiency by rescheduling shading workloads on the fly to better utilise the GPU’s resources. As significant an innovation as out-of-order execution was for CPUs, SER improves ray-tracing performance up to 3x and in-game framerates by up to 25%.
- Ada Optical Flow Accelerator with 2x faster performance allows DLSS 3 to predict movement in a scene, enabling the neural network to boost frame rates while maintaining image quality.
- Architectural improvements tightly coupled with custom TSMC 4N process technology results in an up to 2x leap in power efficiency.
- Dual NVIDIA Encoders (NVENC) cut export times by up to half and feature AV1 support. The NVENC AV1 encode is being adopted by OBS, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, Discord and more.
The RTX 4080 16GB and 12GB versions offer different GPUs, CUDA Cores, Memory Bus Width and TDP.
For more information about the latest RTX GPUs check out our previous article right here.