Olympus OM-D micro-4/3 camera is official!
Olympus has officially upped the ante on the micro-4/3″ battle (after their initial entry back in 2008) with their new Olympus OM-D digital camera. Oh, and they’ve gone retro with the design as well.
1. Compact, lightweight body in the tradition of the famous OM Series: Made of magnesium alloy and enhanced with the same dust-/splash-proof capability already proven with the E-5 camera.
2. 16.05-megapixel new Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VI image processing engine for high image quality and high sensitivity.
3. Electronic viewfinder with high image quality and high functionality that enables real-time checking of various shooting conditions.
4. World’s first 5-axis image stabilization to compensate for camera shake of any kind during both still photo and movie shooting.
5. World’s fastest FAST AF autofocusing system plus 3D tracking for improved moving object tracking performance
â— 9.2 fps fast sequential shooting
â— Evolved Art Filters
– New Art Filter â€œKey Lineâ€
– New variations â€œCross Process IIâ€ and â€œDramatic Tone IIâ€
â— 3.0-inch swivel-type OLED monitor, capacitive touchscreen panel with fast response
â— Advanced movie functions
– Full-HD (MOV) movie recording function
– New movie effects
â— Dust-/splash-proof compact external flash provided as standard
â— One-push digital teleconverter function
â— Two-dial system including the Mode dial and Main dial
â— 3D photography function
â— Reliable, proven Dust Reduction System
â— Live View image updating at preset intervals during bulb shooting
The kit package consits of the Olympus OM-D E-M5 with M.ZUIKO Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ.
According to our source the price of the body is Php59,900 while the one with the 12-50mm kit lens Php65,900. The camera will be available in the Philippines this April 2012.