This page will serve as an ad-hoc blog for the Pinoy Top Blogs Project.
What do we hope to accomplish with all these?
Well this is a two-pronged project and I hope most of the pinoy bloggers would agree with me on these points.
For Individual Bloggers:
- Provide an independent public metric system to compare blog traffic among fellow pinoy bloggers.
- Enable a feedback system independent of the individual blogs.
- Promotion and additional exposure.
- Independently verified bragging rights. :D
For the Blogging Community:
- We can show everyone that the pinoy blogging community has the numbers and traffic.
- Enable us to collect verifiable metrics to profile the average pinoy blogger.
- Provides an avenue for commercial exposure and potential local revenue for bloggers. (under study)
What you need to do to be included and tracked by the system?
You need to register first, then add your sites. You can have as many as 10 blogs as entries to the system. Generate the HTML code to paste in your blog. Remember, that only pages that have the code will be tracked so it is possible that your own stats will differ with our published stats.
On the technical side, here are some explanations about the rankings.
- Rankings are based on unique hits or visitors. This is tracked by the system using the IP and the cookie. The same goes for voting or ranking a blog.
- Rankings are refreshed back to zero on midnight at the end of each month. This will allow potentially popular blogs that have only been included later have the chance to get on top of the list. Thus, the time you joined the system will not be a factor in your rating.
- Rankings will monitor all blogs but will only display the rankings of the Top 100.
- Ranking cycle at the moment is set monthly. Once the number grows, we can reduce it down to a weekly reset.
- All blogs are allowed a banner of 234 x 30 pixels to be displayed along with the listing. Maximum file size is 30 KB.
What do these stats mean?
Votes – number of votes made by the public by clicking the PinoyTopBlogs button from your blog. This is refreshed monthly.
Total Votes – total number of votes made by the public by clicking the PinoyTopBlogs button from your blog.
Unique Hits Today – number of unique visitors on your blog for the month cycle.
Hits Today – number of (non-unique) visits on your blog for the month cycle.
Total Hits – total number of (non-unique) visits on your blog for the month cycle.
Total Unique Hits – total number of unique visitors on your blog since start of tracking.
Out – referrals from PinoyTopBlogs to your blog. Refreshed monthly.
Total Out – total referrals from PinoyTopBlogs to your blog.
Rating – blog rating made by the public on your blog.
For private communication, email me at [email protected]