New Features in Android 4.3
Android 4.3 is the latest update to the sweet Jelly Bean of Google. It is still called Jelly Bean, only sweeter, for it only hosts a few updates yet it makes Android a better operating system.
Here are some of the key updates:
1. Autocomplete in dial pad which have been around with other iterations of Android under different manufacturers, known as Smart Dialling, is now supported in stock Android.
2. OpenGL ES 3.0, the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphic, is now supported bringing in much faster and intense gaming.
3. Bluetooth Smart or also known as Bluetooth Low-Energy is now supported for a more battery efficient use of Bluetooth accessories.
4. Location detection through Wi-Fi can now be done without the need to turn on Wi-Fi all the time.
5. The multi-user feature now has restricted profiles to limit what apps and content to be used.
The update is available out of the box with the new Nexus 7 and is now rolling to Nexus devices (Galaxy, 4, 7 and 10) as an OTA update. The Google Play Edition of HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 will also soon join the bandwagon. So be sure to keep an eye on your Nexus devices for the notification.
Full details about the update here.