Samsung to bring S4 features to SGS3
The folks at SamMobile got a hold of an early build of what is believed to be the Android 4.2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and from the looks of it, it seems that the South Korean firm is planning to bring its previous flagship handset up to speed with the current one.
Although it seems that the leaked firmware is still on developmental stage, it’s already what a smartphone geek would consider as a “daily driver” as pretty much all the functionalities are in sound condition.
Here’s quick demo of the firmware installed on a Galaxy S3:
Now here’s the rundown of the features that SamMobile observed during their time with the leaked firmware:
• New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
• New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
• Driving mode
• Actionable notifications
• New Additions in Notification Center
• Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
• Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
• Gallery modes have white background
• Full screen Samsung apps
• New S-Voice (from S4)
• New smart switch widget
This unofficial firmware is deemed by the site to “work perfectly as any other official firmware”. Having said that, its relatively safe (given that you follow the instruction provided in the source link below) for you to install it on your device and take it for a spin. If you did, we’d love to hear your comments about the upgraded firmware.