Xiaomi unveils MIUI 10
During the launch of the Xiaomi Mi 8 in China, the company has also introduced MIUI 10 powered with AI features.
Like with any other MIUI iterations, MIUI 10 comes with new features and improvements although this version takes a big leap forward with AI. Below are some of its new features:
- Maximizes screen space
- Fullscreen display gestures
- Swiping to delete tasks
- Long pressing to show more options
- Controlling Mi Ecosystem devices
- AI Preload – can reduce loading times to zero by studying user’s behavior and anticipating actions
- Creating AI portraits with bokeh effects
Here is the list of smartphones that can beta test the MIUI 10 (Note: these are only for China Developer ROMs for now):
- June 1st (China Developer ROM closed beta) – Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Mi MIX, Mi 6X, Mi 6, Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 5
- Late June (China Developer ROM open beta) – Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Mi MIX, Mi 6X, Mi 6, Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 5
- Late July – Mi Note 3, Mi 5X, Mi 5c, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus,Mi 4, Mi 4c, Mi 4S, Mi Max 2, Mi Max, Redmi 5, Redmi 5A, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi 4X, Redmi 3S/Redmi 3X, Redmi Pro, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4 MTK, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
There are no announcements yet as to when the MIUI 10 will be available globally.
Source: MIUI forums