Watch: Tokyo through the lens of the Canon EOS R
To test the video capabilities of the Canon EOS R, we took it out to the streets of Tokyo and made a travel video. This is a new type of content that we are exploring, and it’s a way to bring you guys along on our trips, as well as showcase the video quality of new devices. Check out the video below. If you are able to, watch it in 4K!
The camera’s biggest caveat in terms of video is that 4K recording has a 1.7x crop factor, so you don’t get to enjoy the full-frame sensor. However, we were still impressed with the low-light and autofocus capabilities.
The Canon EOS R is scheduled to be available globally in October 2018 with a suggested retail price of USD2,299(~Php125k) for just the body, and USD3,399 (~Php184k) for the body with RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens.
Canon EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera specifications:
- 30.3MP CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus
- Auto Focus up to f/11 w/ 384 zone (24×16) real-time metering system
- RF Mount Compatible w/ RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens
- Built-in EVF w/ 3.69 Million Dots
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD
- Dot-matrix LCD Panel
- ISO range of 100-40,000 (expandable to 102,400)
- USB 3.1 in-camera charging support
- Single UHS-II SD card slot
- CR3(RAW/C-RAW) and Dual Pixel RAW Support
- Silent Shutter
- Dust and weather resistant