How to pay SSS contributions online
An essential part of a Filipino’s adulting life is having a Social Security System (SSS) fund. Mandated by the government, it’s one of the benefits that working Filipinos have in the private sector. SSS members contribute towards the funds, and those funds are intended to be used to cover future obligations of the members. Filipinos employed by companies with HR departments have no problem in paying for their SSS contributions as their companies will do it for them. For self-employed members, OFWs, or voluntary members, they would need to file for their own contributions. It’s a bit of a hassle, going out and lining up to pay but here’s a piece of great news that a lot of people might not realize: SSS payments can be done online. Here’s a small guide on how to easily pay your SSS contribution online.
Register for a My.SSS account
First off, one needs to register a My.SSS account through the SSS website. Through the My.SSS online portal, not only will you be able to pay your SSS contributions, but you’ll also be able to see your contributions, records, set appointments with a nearby SSS branch, and more.
Here are the steps in registering for a My.SSS account:
- Go to the SSS website.
- Once it loads, it’ll have “My.SSS” as one of the options in the top menu.
- Hover over that, and click on “Registration.” There are three options to this, but since we’re covering self-employed, voluntary, OFW and non-working spouse members choose the Member Registration option.
- Select which information from your SSS account will be used to register for your My.SSS online account.
- Fill-in the information required.
- After 30 minutes, check your email for the My.SSS activation email. Click on the activation link.
- Assign a password to your My.SSS account and you’re good to go.
Now that you’ve registered your My.SSS account, it’s time to pay for your contributions through their E-Payment Services. In the SSS website, there are two options to do this: paying using your BancNet ATM or paying through UnionBank. Click on their respective names will take you to their respective websites.
Individuals who are ATM cardholders of selected BancNet banks are the only ones who can pay through BancNet Online. Here’s a list of participating BancNet banks:
To pay using BancNet Online, here are the steps required:
- Go to BancNet’s website, register if you haven’t done so. Otherwise, login with your BancNet Online account.
- On the homepage, select the bank of your ATM card. Click “I agree” after the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Click on “Payments”
- Select SSS as your preferred institution.
- Enter your 10 digit SSS Number + 6 digits containing the month (mm) and year (yyyy) – (XXXXXXXXXXmmyyyyy)
- Enter your ATM card number.
- Select your account type (Savings or Current)
- Enter the amount to be paid.
- Enter your ATM PIN using the onscreen keypad.
- Click “Submit”
As for the Unionbank payment option, you need to be a Unionbank account holder first before being able to do so. Once you open an account at any UnionBank branch, you may now pay your SSS contributions and loans using their online facility.
Here are the steps needed to pay through UnionBank Online:
- Go to UnionBank’s website, register for a UnionBank Online account if you haven’t done so yet. Otherwise, log in to your UnionBank Online account.
- Click the Bills page, select SSS as your transaction.
- Fill out the necessary information and the amount needed.
- Click Pay.
- Enter your log-in details once more, and wait for your electronic receipt to be generated. Save a copy of your electronic receipt.
A third option not included in the SSS website is to pay for your contributions using Coins.PH, a free virtual wallet service. It can be used without a bank account or a credit card and has a ton of services such as remittances, bills payment, load purchase, online purchase, and more.
One thing needed for this option to work though is for you to generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) through the SSS website.
To get your PRN, follow these steps:
- Log in to your My.SSS account.
- Select Payment Reference Number (PRN) on the menu.
- Your PRN info will appear on-screen. Make sure that the information is correct, otherwise, you can click the Edit SOA option instead to edit necessary information.
- Click Print Statement of Account (SOA)
- A PRN form will be generated for you. The PRN will be needed to use Coins.PH as a payment option.
Afterward, head on to the Coins.PH mobile app.
Here are the steps in paying your SSS contribution using Coins.PH:
- Register for a Coins.PH account through their website or download the mobile app if you haven’t done so. Otherwise, log in to your Coins.PH account.
- Cash in your preferred amount at Coins.PH partner locations.
- On the Coins.PH mobile app, tap Pay Bills and scroll down to the SSS category.
- Choose the type of SSS payment.
- Enter your PRN, amount due, and pay. All done!
[appbox appstore id972324049?mt=8]
[appbox googleplay id=asia.coins.mobile]
That’s it! We hope that this guide helped you in paying for your SSS contributions in a hassle-free manner. Have other suggestions? Let us know!