ASUS launches ZenBook Pro 14 and 15
ASUS made quite the buzz last Computex 2017 when they announced the ZenBook Pro (UX550VE), a thin and light premium laptop that packs a punch. This Computex 2018, the brand is looking to once more create noise with the next generation ZenBook Pro 14 and 15.
First up let’s look at the ZenBook Pro 14 (UX480). The notebook is powered by a 14-inch Full HD touchscreen display, Intel’s 8th generation Core i7 quad-core processor, Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q GPU, up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to a 1TB PCIe x4 SSD. It comes in a Deep Dive Blue color with a rose gold deco bar and an ErgoLift hinge. Though the specs aren’t it’s most defining feature, nor is its design, but rather it’s trackpad that doubles as a secondary screen dubbed as the ScreenPad.
The ScreenPad is a Windows precision touchpad that can double as a 5.5-inch Full HD touchscreen. The screen itself has its own app ecosystem and support few desktop apps, with more to come. The ScreenPad is activated by pressing the F6 function key. Basically, it’s a small secondary screen that can be used as an extension of the main display, or as an additional screen for multitasking.
Now then, on to the bigger sibling, the ZenBook Pro 15. Powering the device is a 15.6-inch 4k touchscreen or Full HD IPS non-touch display, either an Intel Core i9-8950HK or a Core i7-8750HQ CPU, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to a 1TB PCIe x4 SSD. The notebook will actually be the first to feature the ScreenPad as the ZenBook Pro 14 will launch in late 2018.
As for I/O, we have two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports with Thunderbolt 3 support, a combo audio port, an HDMI 1.4 port, a microSD card reader, and a DC jack.
ZenBook Pro 14 (UX480) key specifications
- 14-inch Full HD touchscreen display @ 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 8th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q GPU
- up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM
- up to a 1TB PCIe x4 SSD
- IR Camera
- 322 x 225 x 17.9mm
- Deep Dive Blue with rose gold deco bar
ZenBook Pro 15 (UX580) specifications
- 15.6-inch IPS 4K UHD touchscreen display @ 3840 x 2160 resolution
- 15.6-inch IPS FHD non-touch display @ 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Intel Core i9-8950HK 2.9GHz (4.8GHz max turbo) six-core processor
- Intel Core i7-8750HQ 2.2GHz (4.10GHz max turbo) six-core processor
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU
- up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM
- up to 1TB PCIe x4 SSD
- Dual-band 2×2 802.11ac gigabit-class WiFi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fingerprint scanner
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, with Thunderbolt 3 support
- 1 x Audio combo jack
- 1 x HDMI 1.4
- 1 x MicroSD card reader
- 1 x DC jack
- 365 x 241 x 18.9mm
- Deep Dive Blue
The ZenBook Pro 15 will come in three variants — 4k UHD with 16GB RAM and 1TB PCIe SSD (Php 134,995), Full HD with 16GB RAM and 1TB PCIe SSD (Php 119,995), and a Full HD with 16GB RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD (Php 104,995). The notebook will be available this June 2018 in all ASUS concept stores nationwide.
The ZenBook Pro 14, on the other hand, will officially launch later in 2018. Pricing and availability were yet to be announced.
- ASUS outs Project Precog, Dual-Screen PC Concept
- ASUS reveals VivoWatch BP
- ASUS Vivobook S14, S15 now official
- ASUS intros the UX391 ZenBook S
- ASUS ROG Phone first to sport Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- ASUS ROG intros ROG Strix Gaming PC Chassis
- ASUS ROG outs new gaming peripherals
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router now official
- ASUS ROG unveils ROG Ryujin and Ryuo CPU AIO liquid coolers
- ASUS ROG intros Thor 1200W Platinum Power Supply
- ASUS ROG Strix Scar II and Hero II Gaming laptops announced
- ASUS Republic of Gamers unveils ROG Phone