ASUS ROG Phone first to sport Corning Gorilla Glass 6
ASUS has announced the gaming-focused ROG Phone a few hours ago, and we’ve noticed a neat feature that’s yet to be announced elsewhere — Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
The specialized glass is said to be equipped on the company’s gaming phone, that is if we’re to note what’s written on the press release posted on their website. Though information about this updated glass is scarce as of this writing, Corning notes that its predecessor, the Gorilla Glass 5, can survive 1.6-meter, shoulder-height drops onto hard, rough surfaces up to 80% of the time while still providing optical clarity and touch sensitivity. Gorilla Glass 5 is used on a lot of flagships released this year including the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, the LG G7 ThinQ, and the OnePlus 6. We’d expect improvements with the Gorilla Glass 6 if we’re basing it on this alone.
We’ve reached out to Corning for comments regarding this information.
- ASUS outs Project Precog, Dual-Screen PC Concept
- ASUS reveals VivoWatch BP
- ASUS Vivobook S14, S15 now official
- ASUS intros the UX391 ZenBook S
- ASUS launches ZenBook Pro 14 and 15
- ASUS ROG intros ROG Strix Gaming PC Chassis
- ASUS ROG outs new gaming peripherals
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router now official
- ASUS ROG unveils ROG Ryujin and Ryuo CPU AIO liquid coolers
- ASUS ROG intros Thor 1200W Platinum Power Supply
- ASUS ROG Strix Scar II and Hero II Gaming laptops announced
- ASUS Republic of Gamers unveils ROG Phone