Keep gaming with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptops
Staying indoors as much as possible is still the best way to stay safe nowadays. Although activities are limited, you can still find ways to stay entertained and productive. If you have a laptop with a powerful GPU, like RTX 30 Series-powered laptops, you can play games or do creative work from the safety of your homes. But how does the RTX 30 Series deliver that kind of performance? Let’s find out.
NVIDIA Ampere Architecture
The NVIDIA Ampere architecture is the successor to Turing architectures and is crafted with 54 billion transistors, making it the largest 7 nanometer (nm) chip the company has ever built. This new architecture also powers the new RTX 30 series and brings the following cutting-edge technologies to gamers and creators:
• New streaming multiprocessors: This is the building block for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, and can deliver 2x the FP32 throughput of the previous generation, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
• Second-gen RT Cores: The new dedicated RT Cores deliver 2x the throughput of the previous generation, plus concurrent ray tracing and shading and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
• Third-gen Tensor Cores: The new dedicated Tensor Cores, with up to 2x the throughput of the previous generation, makes it faster and more efficient to run AI-powered technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS, and 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
• NVIDIA RTX IO: This enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating input/output performance by up to 100x compared with hard drives and traditional storage APIs. In conjunction with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API, RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near-instantaneous game loading.
• World’s fastest graphics memory: NVIDIA has worked with Micron to create the world’s fastest discrete graphics memory for the RTX 30 Series, GDDR6X. It provides data speeds of close to 1TB/s system memory bandwidth for graphics card applications, maximizing game and app performance.
• Next-gen process technology: The RTX 30 series features the new 8N NVIDIA custom process from Samsung, which allows for higher transistor density and more efficiency.
Ray tracing, which has long been used for non-real-time rendering, provides realistic lighting by simulating the physical behavior of light. Ray tracing calculates the color of pixels by tracing the path that light would take if it were to travel from the eye of the viewer through the virtual 3D scene. As it traverses the scene, the light may reflect from one object to another (causing reflections), be blocked by objects (causing shadows), or pass through transparent or semi-transparent objects (causing refractions). All of these interactions are combined to produce the final color of a pixel that then displayed on the screen.
As a result, you will see realistic lighting, shadows, and effects to games, enhancing image quality, gameplay, and immersion.
DLSS AI Acceleration
NVIDIA DLSS is groundbreaking AI rendering technology that increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors on GeForce RTX GPUs.
DLSS taps into the power of a deep learning neural network to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images for your games.
DLSS is available in a variety of games from the biggest blockbusters like Cyberpunk 2077 and Fortnite to indie favorites like Pumpkin Jack, with new games being released regularly. See it in action below.
3rd-gen Max-Q Technologies
Max-Q is a system wide approach to deliver high performance in thin and light gaming laptops. Every aspect of the laptop, chip, software, PCB design, power delivery, and thermals, are optimized for power and performance. NVIDIA’s 3rd-gen Max-Q technologies use AI and new system optimizations to make high-performance gaming laptops faster and better than their predecessors. The technologies include:
• Dynamic Boost 2.0 – New AI-powered Dynamic Boost 2.0 automatically delivers the needed power between the GPU, GPU memory, and CPU for a larger performance boost. The AI networks in Dynamic Boost 2.0 manage power on a per-frame basis, so your laptop is constantly optimizing for maximum performance while you’re gaming and creating.
• Whispermode 2.0 – WhisperMode 2.0 delivers a new level of acoustic control for gaming laptops. It’s been reengineered from the ground up and custom built into laptops at a system level. You pick your desired acoustic level, and WhisperMode 2.0’s AI-
powered algorithms manage the CPU, GPU, system temperatures, and fan speeds to deliver great acoustics and the best possible performance.
• Resizable Bar – Resizable BAR is an advanced PCI Express feature that enables the CPU to access the entire GPU frame buffer at once, improving performance in many games.
NVIDIA Studio Platform
RTX 30 Series-powered laptops are not just built for gamers as they pack enough power to deliver AI acceleration in top creative apps, thanks to the NVIDIA Studio platform of dedicated drivers and exclusive tools. This allows creators to render complex 3D scenes, edit high-resolution video, or live stream with high-end encoding and image quality.
NVIDIA Studio Laptops can take advantage of industry-leading creative apps to empower creators with AI, like Adobe Photoshop’s Neural Filters, Blackmagic Design’s Davinci Resolve 17 Magic Mask, NVIDIA Broadcast, NVIDIA Optix AI denoising in Blender, and NVIDIA Omniverse Audio2Face
NVIDIA Reflex dynamically reduces system latency by combining both GPU and game optimizations. As a result, gamers acquire targets faster, react quicker, and increase their aim precision, giving them a significant advantage in competitive gaming. See it in action below:
NVIDIA Broadcast allows users to level up their live streams, voice chats, and remote meetings with powerful AI capabilities:
• Noise Removal to remove annoying microphone static, loud keyboard typing, and PC fans.
• Virtual Background or Background Removal / Replacement / Blur allows you to customize your background without the need for expensive equipment or complex lighting setups. Personalize your webcam feed using AI greenscreen effects.
• Auto Frame to dynamically track your movements in real-time. It also automatically crops and zooms to keep you in the center of the frame.
See it in action below:
What’s amazing about these features is that is initially available in RTX 30 Series desktop GPUs, but now, it’s available in slim and portable laptops. With RTX 30 Series laptops, you can reap the benefits and advantage of NVIDIA’s most powerful GPU to date, anywhere and anytime.