Microsoft releases unified Office app for Android and iOS
To help users who do a lot of productivity work on their mobile devices, Microsoft has released a unified office app for Android.
The Office app includes three of Microsoft’s most-used productivity tools: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It allows users to work together in real-time, access, and save files on your (or your organization’s) cloud storage and has template support.
It has various AI functionalities as well, including:
- Taking a photo of a document allows users to turn it into an editable Word file
- Taking a picture of a table will enable users to turn it into an Excel spreadsheet
- Users can access their gallery and select images to use on PowerPoint
- Office Lens integration allows users to enhance photos of whiteboards and documents
Other functionalities include:
- Creating PDFs from photos, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents
- Transfer files between devices
- Digitally Sign PDF documents with your finger
The unified Microsoft app will work on all devices running on the last four major versions on Android, either ARM-based or Intel x86 processors, and at least 1GB of RAM. The app is free to use; however, logging onto your Office 365 subscription will unlock premium features within the app.