While we were on the topic of broadband, I asked more about Globe’s Speak and Surf and found out some really juicy details about their new product. I believe this was also mentioned during our last meet-up when the Globe Team did their presentation.
- Out of the box solution for broadband internet and landline telephone.
- Use the wireless internet and the phone at the same time.
- Connects to Globe cellsites using a wireless modem/router via CDMA technology.
- Up to 256Kbps connection speed.
- Costs Php995 per month including the phone line.
- Free text messenging within the network (
500 SMS per monthunlimited for the first 3 months)
I was told that this hasn’t been rolled out commercially but they’ve been doing rounds door-to-door. We should be seeing print ads and TV commercials by October. Hopefully, this would answer the growing complaints for a Smart Bro alternative.
Monthly rate is exclusive of handset rental fee which you can choose from any of these handset rental payment options:
1. Upfront payment of P7,200
2. P300/month for 24 months
For inquiries and applications, please call (02) 919-8888 for Luzon, (032) 410-8888 for Visayas and Mindanao or 171 Toll-free from any Globelines landline or payphone. or visit your nearest Globelines payments & services center now.