Canon EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera now official
Canon finally announced their very own full-frame mirrorless camera, the Canon EOS R, to compete in the market.
The Canon EOS R features a 30.3MP CMOS sensor, DIGIC 8 image processor, 4K UHD video recording up to 30fps, Canon Log, Dual Pixel CMOS Auto-Focus, and new RF mount that has the same size diameter as the EF mount (54mm) with a shorter back focus distance and a 12-pin communication system. It also supports EF, EF-S, TS-E and MP-E lenses with the use of mount adapters.
Canon also boasted the new RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens that has the fastest autofocus speed at 0.05 seconds with the Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
Canon EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera specifications:
- 30.3MP CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus
- Auto Focus up to f/11 w/ 384 zone (24×16) real-time metering system
- RF Mount Compatible w/ RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens
- Built-in EVF w/ 3.69 Million Dots
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD
- Dot-matrix LCD Panel
- ISO range of 100-40,000 (expandable to 102,400)
- USB 3.1 in-camera charging support
- Single UHS-II SD card slot
- CR3(RAW/C-RAW) and Dual Pixel RAW Support
- Silent Shutter
- Dust and weather resistant
The Canon EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera is scheduled to be available globally in October 2018 with a suggested retail price of USD2,299(~Php123,149, when converted to Philippine Peso at prevailing forex rates) (body only) and USD3,399 (~Php182,072) (body with RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens). Check out the trailer video below.
Source: Canon Newsroom