iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Adds New ‘Battery Health’ Feature, Download it Now
Apple has released earlier today the second beta of iOS 11.3 for download to registered developers with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
iOS 11.3 Beta 2 introduces a new “Battery Health” feature where users will be able to see whether their devices are being affected by poor battery health that may throttle the performance of their devices. Located in the Battery section of the Settings app, the new “Battery Health” feature tells you the maximum capacity of your battery and whether or not it is operating at peak capacity. It is listed as being a “Beta” feature, and Apple will likely continue to refine and update its Battery Health feature over the course of the beta testing period.
iOS 11.3 Developer Beta 2 New Features and Changes below:
- New “Welcome to App Store” splash with privacy icon
- New “Welcome to the iTunes Store” splash with privacy icon
- In App Store “Updates” tab, apps will include version number and installation size moved to “More” detail (on iPad, version number and installation size is no longer included)
- Battery Heath (Beta) option available in Battery settings with Maximum Capacity and Peak Performance Capability (defaulted to disable throttling but will reenable if device experience an unexpected shutdown with ability to “disable” throttling) on iPhone 6 and later
- Prompt will warn user when deleting a conversation in the Message app will delete it from all devices
- Safari supports Smart Invert properly
To install the beta, install an appropriate Apple configuration profile for your iOS device from the company’s portal for developers, then restart the device and go to Settings > General > Software Update and install the iOS 11.3 beta over the air. Check out our guide on how to get and install a beta profile here.