Xiaomi Redmi S2 now official
After being leaked several times, one of the most anticipated entry-level smartphones from Xiaomi this year — the Redmi S2 — has now been finally launched in China.
The Redmi S2 is equipped with a 5.99-inch HD+ 18:9 display and powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC and Adreno’s 506 GPU. There will be two different configurations of the device — 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB with an option of expandable storage up to 256GB. Both will run the company’s latest MIUI 9 based on Android 8.1 Oreo which also means that the device will be Project Treble compatible. The phone still has the 3.5mm headphone jack, a micro-USB port and a 3,080 mAh battery. As for the rear cameras, it comes with 12-megapixel primary and 5-megapixel secondary sensors, and a 16MP module in front for selfies with AI Portrait Mode in tow.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 specs:
- 5.99-inch 18:9 HD+ display @ 1440 x 720 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 2.0Ghz Octa-core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB/32GB expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- 12MP f/2.2 aperture + 5MP f/2.0 aperture dual rear cameras with LED flash
- 16MP front camera
- 4G LTE Dual SIM (Nano, Hybrid)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- micro-USB MIUI 9 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- 3,080mAh Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 starts at 999 Yuan (~Php8.2K) for the 3GB/32GB variant and goes up to 1,299 Yuan (~Php10.7K) for the 4GB/64GB variant. No word yet on international availability.