MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G now official
MediaTek has announced its newest addition to the Dimensity 5G line of SoCs, the Dimensity 900 5G.
The Dimensity 900 chipset is built on the 6nm high-performance manufacturing node and is equipped with an octa-core CPU, consisting of two Arm Cortex-A78 processors with a clock speed of up to 2.4GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 cores operating at up to 2GHz, Arm Mali-G68 MC4 GPU, and an independent AI processing unit (APU) to deliver power efficiency for extended battery life. It also supports flagship LPDDR5 memory, UFS 3.1 storage, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, FHD+ displays with 120Hz refresh rates, 108MP cameras, AI applications, and 4K HDR content.
Integrated into the chipset is a 5G new Radio (NR) sub-6GHz modem with carrier aggregation and support for bandwidth up to 120MHz. It supports every connectivity generation from 2G to 5G, as well as the latest connectivity features including 5G standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) architectures, 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC) across frequency division duplex (FDD), time division duplex (TDD), dynamic spectrum sharing (DSS), True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G Sa) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR).
Check out the other key technologies integrated into the Dimensity 900 5G:
• MediaTek’s Imagiq 5.0 – The chipset integrates an HDR-native image signal processor (ISP) and incorporates a hardware-accelerated 4K HDR video recording engine—supporting up to four cameras and up to 108MP sensors.
• MediaTek’s MiraVision – The chipset packs video capabilities from a standard dynamic range (SDR) to HDR with real-time enhancements of HDR10+ video playback.
• Premium AI-Camera Enhancements – Smartphones powered by the Dimensity 900 will support up to 108MP cameras with 32M at 30fps and multi-camera options such as 20+20MP. The chipset integrates Mediatek’s AI processing unit with INT8, INT16 and FP16 capabilities.
• Advanced Connectivity – Dimensity 900 supports dual-SIM 5G standby function, 5G SA/NSA networking, and dual-SIM VoNR voice services; as well as an integration of 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 connection, Bluetooth 5.2 and GNSS.
• Smooth Gaming – The Dimensity 900 supports MediaTek’s HyperEngine gaming engine.
“Dimensity 900 brings a suite of connectivity, display, and 4K HDR visual enhancements to high-tier 5G smartphones and gives brands great design flexibility for their 5G portfolios,” said Dr. JC Hsu, Corporate VP and GM of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit. “The chipset’s support for 5G and Wi-Fi 6 ensures users get the most of out their devices with super-fast and reliable connectivity.”
The new MediaTek Dimensity 900 is expected to be launched in the global market in Q2 2021.
Stay tuned for upcoming phones that sport MediaTek’s Dimensity 900 5G chipset.