Nikon Z 50 APS-C Mirrorless Camera now official
Nikon Corporation has finally unveiled its new APS-C sized Nikon Z 50 mirrorless camera.
The Z 50 inherits the design and function of the Nikon Z 7 and Nikon Z 6. It has the Z mount which is compatible with both the NIKKOR Z DX and NIKKOR Z FX lenses.
The Z 50 has a pixel count of 20.9 megapixels, CMOS sensor that supports focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels, EXPEED 6 image-processing engine, ISO 100-51200. It can shoot 4K UHD videos without cropping, has mid-range sharpening, and Creative Picture Control. The Z 50 also sports a 3.2-inch 1040k-dot tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD monitor and connects to the SnapBridge app to transfer videos and photos between the camera to a smart device.
Nikon Z 50 specs:
- 20.9MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- EXPEED 6 image processor
- ISO 100-51200
- Up to 11fps
- 4K UHD movie recording
- Eye-detection AF
- AF pixels with focus up to 87% horizontally and 85% vertically
- Support for NIKKOR Z DX and NIKKOR Z FX lenses
- 3.2-inch, 1040k-dot tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD monitor
- Support for SnapBridge app
- 126.5 x 93.5 x 60 mm
The Nikon Z50 will be available in the US by November 2019 and is priced as follows:
- Body only – USD 859 (~PHP 44,402)
- With 16-50mm Lens – USD 999 .95 (~PHP 51,687)
- With 16-50mm Lens + 50-250mm Lens- USD 1,349.95 (~PHP 69,779)
Local pricing and availability have yet to be unveiled.