Samsung Series 7 LED TV Unboxed

Samsung Philippines sent this LED TV over just this morning. I was actually drooling over it when I first saw the TV last April but it’s just beyond my budget at the moment so I’ll settle for a loaner at the meantime. See unboxed photos after the jump.

samsung series7

This 40″ Full HD LED TV is prolly the thinnest I’ve ever seen in the market at just 29.9mm or 1.18 inches (about the same thickness as a regular netbook).

samsung-ledtv

The Full HD 1080p has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. I’m not sure but from memory, this LED has a dynamic contrast ratio of 1 million to 1.

realme philippines

samsung tv

At the back panel — 4 x HDMI, 2 x USB, Optical Out, VGA, PC Audio Input, DVI Audio Input, Component, Composite, LAN, RF Input.

samsung remote

This egg-shaped remote controls the channel and volume. It’s just an add-on to the usual full remote by Samsung (apparently, that remote isn’t in the box when it was delivered).

ledtv samsung

The full review will follow after I go for another round of movie marathon.

27 Responses

1. Pink says:

Yugger!!! pa-muvee naman jan =)

2. Abe Olandres says:

@Art – what picture mode were you using? The Movie Mode isn’t too bright, IMO.

3. Samsung LED TVs are realy good with games but when you watch HD movies with it, the picture is so unnatural. Also the color red in my laptop is black when I connect it to my Samsung LED, trying to solve this problem now :).

4. Thats one heck of a television, okay na sa akin ung maliit lang basta malinaw ^_^

5. Wham! It’s so expensive but I guess it will be worth it. Space saver and energy efficient. Cool LCD TV…yun nga lang, mahal. hehe

Ninin

6. Abe Olandres says:

@calvin – looks sturdy to me

@ceops – yes

7. ceops says:

is this in your home?

8. ang cool ng remote control!!

9. Vance says:

but some says that most of their TV drawback is the sound.. it was not too loud..

10. wow, samsung products have been very famous now a days. they are known for their durability and affordability compared to other brands.

11. jojo says:

… these used to cost above 1/2 a million, just wonder how those who bout much earlier might have felt or probably they had serval dead pixel or other defects.

12. Calvin says:

that thing is thing that it’s actually scary. kakatakot yung stem connecting it to the base, mukhang fragile.

13. Abe Olandres says:

@Hot Gizmo – around 159k. Will confirm with them.

@Dex – between 2 weeks to 1 month. I always return it back.

@Vance – last time I heard, it’s 159k.

14. Vance says:

Droooooooooooool….. (tulo laway)

That baby cost about 120K Php up! Last time I saw it in Samsung Show room…

15. “just beyond my budget” parang di rin ako makapaniwala doon ah …. Just a question with this kind of gadget that is given for review how many days do they give you to return it back.. Or is it your for free?

16. Hot Gizmo says:

Nice TV. Cool remote.. How about the price?

17. Andre Marcelo-Tanner says:

naks,
    “just beyond my budget” :)

18. Pedro says:

beautiful… but i guess it will be expensive… oh well…