Mouse accuracy is a serious deal for hardcore gamers, which explains why they spend a good amount of cash for a high-end pointing device. However, they’ve recently experienced some inaccuracies after upgrading to Windows 8.1 and, as you’d expect, they’re not very pleased about it.
These unhappy campers have been very vocal about their frustrations and have reported their experience on Microsoft forums. Here are some of the issues that gamers have already noticed:
1. Mouse jitters (jumps forward and back) as you move it through a game.
2. Mouse movement is not to scale even after acceleration is turned off.
3. Measured mouse Polling Rate has a lower reporting frequency than expected.
4. Mouse may not be able to reach all areas of the game window.
5. Can’t left-click with an integrated pointing device immediately after pressing a key.
A Microsoft Forum Moderator named Naman R says that the software giant is already aware of the situation and is working on a patch to fix it. Sadly though, the mod wasn’t able to provide a concrete date when the said software update will arrive.
If you’re also experiencing the same in-game problems, you can head over to the source link below to find out the temporary workarounds that the MS forum Mod provided.