There are usually two ways for you to unlock your smartphone, one is to pay someone else to do it for you and the other is to do it yourself which, most of the time, requires you to do crazy stuff and may lead to bricking your phone. Luckily for SGN2 users, there’s a free and not-so-risky way to unlock their 5.5-inch handset.
This SIM unlock doesn’t require rocket science to pull off. Just follow these simple steps below correctly and you should be able to use any SIM card from any telco in a jiffy. Let’s begin.
1. Launch the Phone App (Dialer) on your SGN2 and key in this combination *#197328640#. After pressing those keys your phone will enter Service Mode which looks something like this:
2. In the Service Mode select UMTS > Debug Screen > Phone Control > Network Lock > Options
3. Under Options, select Perso SHA256 OFF. Give it some time to do its thing, maybe around 30-45 seconds.
4. Then go back by pressing Menu button (the left soft button besides the Physical Home button) and select Back. By doing so, you should be inside the Network Lock screen.
5. Choose NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ, the fourth one in the selection. Give it around a minute or two to run its course.
6. After that, Reboot your device and try out a different SIM card to see if it works!
Note that in steps 3 and 5, you will not see any confirmation screen that the action was completed, so you have to be a little patient when doing this. But don’t worry if you proceeded to the next step too soon or too late as it will not have any significant effect (like bricking) on your phone. That’s the beauty of this unlock; it’s free and easy!
According to our source, this SIM unlock procedure is also applicable to SOME models of Samsung Galaxy SIII, as long as the device is running on Jelly bean and up. It’s not guaranteed to work on our local devices but it’s worth a shot. If ever you tried it on your device, feel free to comment and tell us what happened.