Angkas plans to set up food delivery service
Angkas is aiming to set up a food delivery service for the duration of the enhanced community quarantine. Due to COVID-19 concerns, motorcycle taxi services have been suspended because of the implemented quarantine and to observe social distancing.
In a message, George Royeca of Angkas has laid out a plan to temporarily transform the motorcycle taxi service into a food delivery service. His message stated the following steps in order to make the plan work:
- Participating restaurants may sign-up via a Google Sheet that Angkas will post on its official social media pages.
- Customers can call participating restaurants, order, and say that an Angkas biker will pick it up.
- Angkas biker will pick up the order, pay, and deliver to the customer.
- Credit card payments are preferred. Cash will also be accepted but Angkas bikers will only have a minimum of PHP 1,000 cash with them.
- Angkas commissions will be waived for the duration of the lockdown.
To those interested, stay tuned for the official announcement and Google Sheet on Angkas’ official Facebook page.