Future OnePlus features that will be adopted to OxygenOS
Before the OnePlus 8 launch, OnePlus has launched a new Ideas beta program to allow its customers and fans to suggest new features to be added to OxygenOS.
Out of over 5,000 ideas sent, here are the top five features that will be added to OxygenOS:
- Always-on display
- Enable fingerprint lock for hidden photos in the gallery
- Play sound when the battery is charged
- Ability to create folders within the app drawer
- Adding more essential features to Zen Mode
OnePluys has also disclosed that the Always-on Display’s development will be finished around June, with the closed and open beta testing starting in August or September.
Other top-picked suggestions that will not be included are:
- Edge notification light
- OnePlus Dex
- Call recording
- Google message for the stock SMS/RCS app
- Study mode
- API support for GCam
- Improvements to adaptive brightness
- Custom fingerprint animations
- Real-time weather wallpaper
- Real One Hand Mode
GizmoChina speculates that we can expect the Always-on Display feature to be available in stable builds with the Android 11 update for its devices. Also, note that OnePlus has not confirmed which devices will receive the features that were adopted.