Otter.ai Chrome extension transcribes online meetings in Google Meet for free
With the Otter.ai Chrome extension, users who open Google Meet in Chrome will be able to transcribe virtual video conferences in real-time. It can also save the recorded transcript of the meeting right to the Otter account for accessing and file sharing.
The Chrome extension works across all Otter plans, allowing other users to use it for free.
Otter.ai’s service is available across iOS, Android, and desktop devices. Previously, the same service is offered in Zoom under Otter.ai’s paid plans.
Here’s how to use the free Chrome extension:
- Visit this link and download the Otter.ai Chrome extension by clicking the Add to Chrome button.
- After the download, open Google Chrome and click the Extension icon (puzzle icon) from the toolbar. It can be found at the upper right part of the screen.
- Find the Otter.ai on the list,, then click the Pin icon.
- Open Google Meet in Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Otter.ai Chrome Extension icon to open it.
- Sign up or log in to your Otter account if you haven’t already.
- Select an Otter group to share the recording transcript (optional).
- Click the Record button to start.
Users may also click the CC button to see the closed captions. They may also move and resize the panel, adjust the font size, and pause or stop the recording, and even resume the audio recording according to their needs.
Once the user stopped the Chrome extension, the recorded transcript is automatically saved in their Otter account.
Source: Otter.ai Blog