How to use GCash to pay for Lazada purchases
GCash announced last month that they have teamed up with Lazada to allow customers to pay for products using the GCash wallet, making online shopping more convenient and secure on the said platform. The question now is, how do you do get started? Let me help you with that.
Take note that we will do this via mobile, so here are the basic requirements:
- You have an account at Lazada.
- You have an activated GCash account.
- You sufficient balance in your GCash account to cover the total cost of your order, including shipping.
- Lazada app (Android, iOS) and GCash app (Android, iOS).
Our goal here is to link your GCash account to your Lazada account so you can use it to pay for products in your shopping cart. The first thing you need to do is launch the Lazada app and browse for a product that you’d like to buy.
Once you’ve selected the product, proceed to check-out. From there you will be asked to select a payment method. Initially, you will see ‘Credit/Debit Card.’ Just tap on ‘View more payment methods’ then you will see GCash as one of the options. Tap on it.
At this point, you will be reminded of some of the requirements that GCash will need to continue the process. Tap on ‘Pay Now’ at the bottom to get redirected to the GCash website or app.
From here, you will need to access your GCash account. Follow these steps:
- Enter your Mobile Number registered to the account.
- Tap on ‘Next’.
- Enter the 6-Digit authentication code sent to your number.
- Enter your 4-Digit MPIN. (At this point you will receive an SMS that you have successfully linked your GCash account to Lazada PH.)
- Confirm your purchase (don’t forget to apply your voucher if you have one) and tap on ‘Agree and Pay’.
If the payment was successful, the Lazada app will show you an order number, and you will receive an SMS and an email confirming your payment as well as the reference number to your order. Since the product has already been paid, all you need to do is wait for the product to arrive.
I have been a Lazada shopper for quite some time now and have always used COD as my method of payment since I’m not comfortable using my credit card. Using the GCash method, it’s like having the best of both worlds. It’s convenient and secure as I don’t have to provide cash and prepare the exact amount. It’s also a good alternative to those who don’t have a credit card yet.
Another bonus is the promos. One example is the Always-ON 10% GCash Discount Voucher Promotion that Lazada and GCash are offering right now. It’s available until December 31, 2018, so if you’re interested, check out the details here.
And that’s about it for this tutorial. If you want to know more about GCash and their services, just visit their website here. If you have other questions, feel free to put it in the comments section below.